By using or accessing the Stir website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, as updated from time to time.
Anyone can browse Stir without registering for an account. However, in order to submit a project, or support one, you must register. All information you provide must be complete and true, accounts must be tied to a bona fide email address you own and operate, and you may not have more than one account.
Stir is a platform for supporting the projects of ACT Creatives. In order to submit a project, you must:
1) Be aged 12 and over as at 29/6/2017
2) Be the one responsible for the project.
Projects suspected of being owned by ineligible persons, but submitted by an eligible person as a proxy, will be suspended or removed.
In addition, certain kinds of projects are not allowed on Stir. Please see Section 6 “The Spirit of Stir” for more information.
Once your project is published, it will be posted on Stir, and will be publicly visible. We accept no responsibility or liability for any harm you may incur from your project being displayed publicly on Stir.
You may remove a project or delete your account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deleting your account will remove any projects you have submitted, and votes you have cast.
Every registered user may Support Stir by clicking on the “VOTE FOR THIS PROJECT” button on one of the project pages.
Voting closes at 11:59pm, 29/6/2016. At that time, if you are the owner of a one of the top 10 projects by votes, you will become eligible to receive a $1000 Stir Grant. In order to receive a grant, you agree to
1) Attend the Stir Awards Ceremony on 1/7/2017.
2) Provide any further requested personal information in a timely fashion, including verification of eligibility, for Stir marketing and press purposes.
3) Contribute to a Stir Showcase by sharing the story of your project;
4) Not have your project removed due to either a violation of the Terms and Conditions, or the withdrawing it of your own accord.
You acknowledge that any and all of the above events may be filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded, and then made available online or elsewhere by us. You agree that We may: (i) make an audio or video recording of Your image or voice; or (ii) take a photograph of You; or (iii) make any digital record of Your image or voice during the course of Our events, and that We may, in our discretion, use, copy, publish, make available, distribute, transmit, perform, display, edit or modify any such recordings anywhere in the world, but only for the purposes of academic and teaching and research activities, any promotion and marketing, reporting and journalism, and knowledge transfer.
Stir is a place for supporting and encouraging young people to become all they can be, and for doing so in an ethical, positive, and inclusive way.
Certain types of projects are not allowed on Stir. These include, but are not limited to
1. Projects that involve breaking the law, or encourage, incite or facilitate, anyone to break the law.
2. Projects that involve drug products or paraphernalia.
3. Projects that propose to spend grant funding on legal drugs, including alcohol. (Projects that involve the use of alcohol, such as a music gig, but do not spend the grant money on such, are allowed).
4. Projects that involve gambling of any kind.
5. Projects that encourage or involve hate, discrimination, exploitation, or violence of any kind.
6. Projects that involve, encourage, incite, or facilitate unethical behaviour.
7. Any other projects that we deem to be inappropriate.
If you are unsure whether your project is appropriate for Stir, please contact us. We’d love to chat and help you if we can.
In keeping with the Spirit of Stir, certain behaviours are not allowed. These include, but are not limited to:
1. Don’t use any intellectual property you don’t own, or don’t have permission to use.
2. Don’t represent any project, property or work as your own, if it isn’t.
3. Don’t lie, deceive, or mislead anyone.
4. Don’t bully or harass anyone. This includes behaviour that is threatening, defamatory, or disrespects someone’s privacy.
5. Don’t be offensive, including uploading offensive images.
6. Don’t hurt our site, by hacking, spamming, or otherwise damaging the integrity of the site or database.
We reserve the right to execute judgement when determining if behaviour violates the Spirit of Stir. If you are deemed to be violating the Spirit of Stir, we will take appropriate action, including potentially deleting your profile and projects, removing any of your votes, and banning you from the site.
You promise that you own, or have rights to use, any intellectual property you upload to Stir. You also agree to be responsible for the financial costs of all royalties or licenses for any intellectual property rights. You agree that, should you violate someone else’s intellectual property rights by uploading content to Stir, you will indemnify and hold harmless Ratnam Potocnjak Pty Ltd and the Canberra Innovation Network from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, costs, and disbursements, arising out of a third party’s claim relating to your use of Stir.
Whilst we do not claim any ownership over your intellectual property, we require a license over any submitted property for educational, development, marketing, and reporting purposes. You grant to us the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect intellectual property submitted to Stir. We agree to use this license strictly for educational, development, marketing, and reporting purposes.
You are responsible for any taxation consequences of your project, including tax due on receiving a Stir grant.
If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is void or unenforceable, the provision is severed from this agreement, so that the remaining provisions remain in full force and effect.
The Stir platform is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantabiliy, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and any warranties implied by any course of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade. No advice or information obtained by you from Stir shall create a warranty.
Other than in respect of liability for personal injury or death, you hereby agree that Ratnam Potocnjak Pty Ltd or the Canberra Innovation Network will not in any case be liable to you and you hereby release and indemnify Ratnam Potocnjak Pty Ltd and the Canberra Innovation Network and their officers, employees and agents from all and any claims for any loss, cost, damage, expense, liability whatsoever that you may suffer arising directly or indirectly from your use of Stir, including any liability for lost profit, consequential loss, loss of data or indirect or special damages, and whether the claim is grounded in contract, statute, negligence or any other theory of law.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force from time to time in the Australian Capital Territory
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time. If material changes are made, we will let you know, either by notifying you on the site or by sending you an email. You may refuse to agree to any changes, but if you do, you must immediately cease using Stir, and we will remove any projects you have submitted and votes you have cast.